Cherry Hardwood Flooring
Have your wood floors lost their shine? It might be time for an upgrade—and if you’re looking for an elegant look, you may want to consider cherry hardwood flooring. Not only does it add a touch of beauty to your home, but it creates depth in the room, is easy to maintain, and comes in a wide range of colors.
Whether you’re comparing your options or have already decided on cherry hardwood flooring, Elegant Floor Service is here to help. Our flooring experts can provide the guidance you need to make your decision and expertly install or refinish your new floors, transforming the look and feel of your home. Contact us today for cherry hardwood floor installation in Washington, DC, Maryland, or Virginia and see the difference hardwood flooring can make in your home.
Types of Cherry Hardwood Flooring
There are two main types of cherry hardwood flooring to choose from. They include:
- American cherry hardwood. This type of cherry hardwood floor comes in a variety of red, orange, and brown tones that tend to deepen over time, resulting in an auburn look. It’s also known for its simple grain and is easy to maintain.
- Brazilian cherry hardwood. This is one of the most popular species of exotic hardwood flooring. While it doesn’t actually come from cherry trees, the name was chosen because it has a rich burgundy color. Brazilian cherry hardwood does not deepen in color the way that American does. Additionally, it’s known to be extremely hard.
Cherry Hardwood Floor Installation
When you’re considering cherry hardwood floors or comparing it to another type of wood flooring, there are several factors to think about. Here are some things you should consider that will help you with the selection process:
- The style that will match the rest of your room design
- The colors you like
- The level of maintenance required
- How much traffic the room regularly gets
- The primary use of the room
- Your budget
These factors can help you determine how hard a wood you need, the grains and species you like, and what’s feasible for your space. In terms of cherry hardwood flooring, it’s important to note that American hardwood flooring has a hardness rating that falls below Brazilian and, while it can withstand daily use, it cannot handle heavy traffic well. If you need help choosing the right type of cherry hardwood flooring, our experts can provide guidance and wood floor installation according to your deadlines and budget requirements.
Cherry Hardwood Floor Refinishing
If you regularly maintain your cherry hardwood floors, they should retain their beauty for a long time. But if there’s heavy traffic in the room, you’ve had your floors for a long period of time, or you haven’t properly maintained them, wood floor refinishing may be necessary. Luckily, we have the necessary experience to refinish your cherry hardwood flooring to return its shine and make your room look new again. Contact us today if you live in Washington, DC, Maryland, or Virginia!