Solid Hardwood Flooring Services in MD, VA & DC
Elegant Floors installs and replaces solid hardwood flooring throughout the DC metropolitan area!
Solid hardwood flooring brings your home interior to a whole new level. Various looks, stains, and species are available no matter what your taste or design goals and can be installed to match any interior. One of the most important decisions you’ll need to make when installing new hardwood flooring in your home or commercial building is whether you want to install solid hardwood flooring or engineered hardwood flooring.
- Your decision may be based on a number of factors, including:
- Where you want to install your hardwood floors
- What kind of subfloor you have in your home
- What your design goals are
- And more!
At Elegant Floor Service, we’ve served the Maryland, Northern Virginia, and Washington, DC areas since 1987, offering competitive pricing for residential, commercial, and government markets. We’ll help you determine if solid hardwood flooring is right for you! Contact us for a free hardwood floor installation estimate!
What Is Solid Hardwood Flooring?
Solid hardwood flooring consists of single slabs of wood, as opposed to engineered wood flooring, which is made up of wood pieces that each consist of 3-12 thin layers of wood. Typically 3/4’’ thick, solid hardwood flooring can be sanded and refinished many times. This will extend the life of your hardwood floors.
Because it consists of a single slab of wood, solid wood flooring will expand and contract when the humidity changes in your home. This can make your floor more likely to shrink, expand, or warp. When you have solid hardwood flooring installed, it’s important to leave expansion gaps for when the humidity changes.
The Benefits of Solid Hardwood Flooring
- Solid wood flooring has the following benefits:
- Because it can be sanded and refinished multiple times, solid hardwood flooring can last for generations, making it a great investment for your home.
- Solid hardwood flooring is available in prefinished and unfinished options—allowing you to choose between various plank widths and thicknesses.
- Prefinished solid hardwood flooring offers easy and fast installation.
- Due to its thickness, solid hardwood flooring can add to the structural strength of your floors.
- Solid wood flooring is available in a wide variety of species and styles.
- Solid hardwood flooring can increase the value of your home.
- And more!
Unfortunately, solid hardwood flooring cannot be installed on top of a concrete subfloor. Therefore, solid hardwood flooring is not ideal for basements, sunken living rooms, or other below-grade rooms.
Solid Hardwood Flooring Installation in MD, VA & DC
Are you ready to improve the look of your home with solid wood flooring in Maryland, Northern Virginia, or Washington, DC? Contact Elegant Floor Service today, and we’ll walk you through the wood floor selection process.
Not only will we help you choose the best type of solid hardwood flooring to install in your space, but we’ll walk you through the entire hardwood floor installation process. Customers throughout Maryland, Washington, DC, and Virginia have come to rely on Elegant Floor Service for all their hardwood floor installation needs. Many of our first-time wood floor installation customers become life-long wood floor clients—call today and find out why!
Our service areas include:
Maryland: Annapolis, Ashton, Aspen Hill, Baltimore, Bethesda, Brookeville, Cabin John, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, College Park, Columbia, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City, Forest Glen, Frederick, Fulton, Gaithersburg, Garrett Park, Germantown, Glen Echo, Highland, Kensington, Laurel, Marriottsville, Montgomery Village, Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park & Wheaton.
Virginia: Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Crystal City, Fairfax, Falls Church, Great Falls, Herndon, McLean, Reston, Tysons Corner & Vienna.
DC-area: Capitol Hill, Georgetown & Washington, DC