American Cherry Hardwood Flooring
Changing your flooring changes the look and feel of your entire home. Whether your floors are beginning to appear dull or worn, or you’re just ready for something different, American cherry hardwood might be just what you’re looking for. The distinctive charm of American cherry has made it a favorite among homeowners searching for a warm, versatile, and easy to maintain flooring option. Elegant Floor Service can help you determine which type and style of flooring best suits your home and family, providing expert installation, or refinishing services, depending on your needs.
Contact us today for a free estimate, and see what a difference American cherry hardwood flooring can make to your Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC home.
American Cherry Hardwood Floor Installation
No matter which type of hardwood flooring you choose, your decision should be based on a number of factors, which will determine your level of satisfaction with your installation. Consider the following:
- How much, and what type of use does the room get?
- Are direct sunlight and UV rays an issue?
- How much maintenance are you willing to do?
- What is your style?
- What type of colors do you prefer?
Once you’ve answered some important questions, the experts at Elegant Floor Service can help you achieve your dreams, with a custom installation, or refinishing. Highly trained and experienced professionals will work with you every step of the way, from choosing just the right grade, type and finish, to the end of the installation process.
Contact us today to learn more about installing American cherry hardwood in your Northern Virginia home!
American Cherry Hardwood Floor Refinishing
American cherry hardwood flooring is relatively easy to maintain, though there are a few basic rules you should follow:
- Use area rugs or runners in high traffic areas.
- Vacuum or sweep floors often, as particles of dirt and debris can have an abrasive effect on wood floors.
- Use a damp mop, but never a wet mop.
- Maintain a comfortable level of indoor humidity, anywhere between 30 and 50 percent.
- Wipe spills instantly to avoid damage or staining.
- Only use cleaners from a trusted manufacturer of wood flooring.
- Use protective pads on furniture or other items that could potentially scratch your floors.
Regular maintenance, and adhering to the above rules, will help protect the finish and integrity of your floors, but should they become worn or damaged, wood floor refinishing may be needed to restore them to their original beauty and shine.
Contact us today if you require American cherry hardwood floor refinishing, in the Maryland, Virginia, or Washington, DC area.
The Beauty of American Cherry
Although American cherry is softer than some of the more traditional types of hardwood flooring, it makes up for it with its distinctive graining and color. Other unique attributes include:
- Color variations between individual boards which can range from red to orange or brown. This subtle mixture of colors is striking as a whole, and wide plank American cherry hardwood is often considered the best way to showcase these variations without having the random patterning appear “busy”.
- American Cherry flooring darkens, and deepens with age, taking on a warm, rich, auburn tone.
- While it ranks as one of the softer woods at 950 on the Janka scale (25 percent softer than red oak), American Cherry hardwood has good dimensional stability.
- Maintenance is easy—as with most types of hardwood flooring, sweep or vacuum once or twice a week and damp mop to remove dirt.
American Cherry Hardwood Flooring Services in VA, MD & DC
Our team can install beautiful American cherry hardwood flooring in your Northern Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, DC area home. Contact a member of our team to learn more!
American Cherry Wood Floor Experts Servicing…
Maryland: Annapolis, Ashton, Aspen Hill, Baltimore, Bethesda, Brookeville, Cabin John, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, College Park, Columbia, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City, Forest Glen, Frederick, Fulton, Gaithersburg, Garrett Park, Germantown,Glen Echo, Highland, Kensington, Laurel, Marriottsville, Montgomery Village,
Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park & Wheaton.
Virginia: Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Crystal City, Fairfax, Falls Church, Great Falls, Herndon, McLean, Reston, Tysons Corner & Vienna.
DC-area: Capitol Hill, Georgetown & Washington, DC.