Staining Hardwood Floors in MD, DC & VA
Elegant Floor Service Is the Leader In Hardwood Floor Staining
Elegant Floor Service in Silver Springs, MD is a locally-owned and –operated flooring specialist providing hardwood floor staining services since 1987. Our talented and experienced team of flooring contractors has the licenses and tools needed to ensure that you love the way your hardwood floors look once we are completed with our staining project. If your hardwood floors look old, faded, or worn due to high foot traffic, staining, or exposure to UV rays, contact our experts today for a free estimate. Our hardwood staining contractors can transform the interior of your home.
What Are the Do’s and Don’ts of Hardwood Staining?
Staining your home’s hardwood floors is a massive undertaking. From preparation through to the final product, it can be a challenging task for home improvement DIYers. At Elegant Floor Service, we take the challenge out of your hardwood staining project and leave you with a final product that you will love. When you’re considering a DIY approach to hardwood flooring staining, follow these do’s and don’ts to ensure a high-quality floor.
- Sand the Floor – For the stain to absorb into the hardwood, you need to expose the floor. Most hardwood floors already have a veneer applied to protect them from water and staining. To activate the pores, we recommend removing the top layer of veneers from your hardwood.
- Properly Mix the Stain – Most hardwood flooring stains are made with oils, dyes, and mineral spirits that will separate unless properly mixed before usage. To ensure the rich color you want for your hardwood floor, we recommend combining the stain for about 45 seconds.
- Ensure Proper Ventilation – Staining products contain fumes that can cause health-related complications if you’re not working in a well-ventilated area. Protect yourself by opening doors and windows. We also recommend wearing a respirator mask to ensure your safety.
- Don’t Forget to Test the Stain – Remember, once you begin staining your floors, there’s no turning back. That’s why we recommend testing the stain color you’ve chosen on a small patch of your hardwood flooring. This way, you get an idea of how your room will look once completed.
- Don’t Start In Middle of the Room – Start the staining process at one corner of the room and work your way towards your exit. By working this way, there’s less of a chance you’ll accidentally disturb the stain while it dries.
Hardwood Floor Stain Colors
At Elegant Floor Service, we offer a variety of floor stain colors to match your home’s existing décor as well as meet your preferred design aesthetic. Choosing the right floor stain color is an important choice, and we can help provide you with a recommendation for which stain color best matches your needs. We use high-quality stain to ensure long-lasting results.
- Light Hardwood Floor Stains – Light wood stain is the ideal choice when renovating a smaller room. With a lighter flooring, it creates the illusion of space. If you have children or pets, you may consider a light floor stain because it more easily hides scratches.
- Dark Hardwood Floor Stains – For homeowners that want a more elegant and luxurious look, a dark floor stain may be the right option. Dark stain also goes better with light-colored furniture and paint colors. You may also consider a dark stain if your floors get a lot of light throughout the day from large windows or skylights because dark stains are less likely to fade.
- Medium Hardwood Floor Stains – Medium floor stain is the right choice for homeowners who prefer the appearance of lighter floor stain but want to take advantage of some of the darker floor stain qualities. Whatever you choose, our team can help make the proper selection.
Our Hardwood Floor Staining Process
At Elegant Floor Service, we dedicate ourselves to providing customers with comprehensive floor staining service that offers excellent results. Our highly-trained and experienced floor staining crew have all the right tools and equipment to complete your project on time. When you need reliable and fast floor staining services, we are the local leaders you can trust. Our hardwood floor staining process includes:
- Sanding the Floors – Removing the topcoat of existing stain and varnish is an essential step to staining your hardwood floors. It allows us to expose the hardwood floor to apply the new stain. We use a dustless system to maintain the air quality in your home.
- Vacuuming – Before we apply the stain, it’s essential to remove any impurities from the floor’s surface with a quick dusting and vacuuming.
- Apply Stain & Finish – Next comes the fun part. We will expertly apply the stain to your floors to ensure a smooth, even coat. Once the stain has dried, we will apply the finish coat to help preserve your floor’s look.
When Do I Need to Stain My Hardwood Floors?
Your hardwood floors may be in great condition, but if the finish starts to fade, it can make your room look dull. To maintain the look of your hardwood floors, we recommend staining them every ten years. However, if you have children, pets, or hardwood exposed to a lot of natural sunlight, you may consider staining your floors more frequently. If you’re unsure when it’s the right time to stain your hardwood floors, you can always contact our team for a free estimate and consultation.
Choose the Right Hardwood Floor Staining Company
Elegant Floor Service in Silver Springs, MD is the area’s leader in staining hardwood floors. We can help both residential and commercial customers with our floor staining services. With access to the latest tools and technology, we can quickly transform the look of any room in your home. You can choose from a variety of floor staining colors to match your home’s design aesthetic. Discover why we’re one of the top-rated flooring companies on Angie’s List and have been Best Pick Report’s “Best Pick” for five years in a row. Contact our team today to schedule your free estimate.