Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Flooring
Providing High Quality Brazilian Cherry Floor Installation, Refinishing, and Repair in Maryland, Virginia & Washington, DC
Hardwood flooring is a great choice for any room in your home and provides a number of health benefits compared with carpeting for those suffering from allergies or asthma. Once you’ve decided on hardwood as your flooring choice, you’ll need to narrow it down even further selecting just the right type, color, and finish to suit your taste and decor. Brazilian cherry hardwood is a popular choice among homeowners, thanks to its brilliant coloring, and durability. No matter which type of hardwood flooring you choose, Elegant Floor Service will work alongside you to ensure your complete satisfaction from start to finish.
Contact us today to schedule a consultation, taking the first step towards the installation of your new Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring. Call Elegant Floor Service at 800-417-3172, or contact us online.
Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Installation
Consider the following when deciding in Brazilian cherry hardwood is the right choice for your Northern Virginia home:
- How much and what type of use does the room get?
- Are direct sunlight and UV rays an issue?
- How much maintenance are you willing to do?
- What is your style?
- What type of colors do you prefer?
Once you’ve answered some important questions, the experts at Elegant Floor Service can help you achieve your dreams, with a hardwood installation or refinishing. Upon installation, customers may be surprised to see that Brazilian cherry flooring looks lighter than they expected, but it will darken over time. The same reaction can occur if an area rug is placed on the wood, as the section of flooring underneath the rug can remain lighter than the rest of the room. By removing the area rug however, the newly exposed area will soon darken to match the rest of the space.
Why Choose Brazilian Cherry Hardwood?
Oddly enough, Brazilian cherry, also called Jatoba, is not related to the cherry family. The name refers to the red color of the wood, rather than the species, though it does actually grow in and around Brazil, as well as Peru and Mexico. Here are some interesting facts:
- Color. The color of Brazilian cherry ranges from a lighter salmon-pink, to a darker reddish-brown, with many variations in between. Dark accent stripes, and yellow-orange highlights are common, and lend to the uniqueness of the wood. These highlights typically fade over time, to be replaced by richer, deeper dark red, burgundy and crimson tones, with darker striations.
- Hardness. Brazilian cherry ranks 2350 on the Janka Hardness scale, at the very top, considered to be a very hard wood. (While the hardness of the wood lends to its durability, it can be difficult to work with, and should be installed by a professional with experience working with Brazilian cherry wood.)
- Durability. With one of the highest hardness ratings for hardwood flooring, Brazilian cherry is right at home in a busy household, complete with heavy foot traffic or pets.
Caring For Your Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Flooring
Thanks to its tough exterior, Brazilian cherry doesn’t require much in the way of maintenance. Care should be taken to trim the nails of any pets in the home and to sweep up dirt and debris on a regular basis to prevent surface scratches. A weekly vacuuming, quick cleanup of spills, and damp mopping are all that is generally required to keep your floors looking like new.
In the event that your hardwood flooring begins to lose its beauty and shine or if damage is incurred, hardwood floor refinishing may be required. This minimally invasive process can help restore the beauty and luster to your floors, while helping to prevent further damage.
Brazilian Cherry Hardwood Flooring Services in VA, MD & DC
Our team can install beautiful Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring in your Northern Virginia, Maryland, or Washington, DC area home. If you’re in need of installation, repairs, or refinishing of your Brazilian cherry hardwood flooring, call the experts at Elegant Floor Service at 800-417-3172, or contact us online.
Brazilian Cherry Wood Floor Experts Servicing…
Maryland: Annapolis, Ashton, Aspen Hill, Baltimore, Bethesda, Brookeville, Cabin John, Chevy Chase, Clarksburg, Clarksville, College Park, Columbia, Darnestown, Derwood, Ellicott City, Forest Glen, Frederick, Fulton, Gaithersburg, Garrett Park, Germantown,Glen Echo, Highland, Kensington, Laurel, Marriottsville, Montgomery Village,
Olney, Potomac, Rockville, Silver Spring, Takoma Park & Wheaton.
Virginia: Alexandria, Annandale, Arlington, Crystal City, Fairfax, Falls Church, Great Falls, Herndon, McLean, Reston, Tysons Corner & Vienna.
DC-area: Capitol Hill, Georgetown & Washington, DC.