- Wood Flooring Services
- Stone Flooring Services
- About Elegant Floors Services
- Contact Us
If you’ve installed hardwood flooring, you need to know how to best clean and maintain your floor if you want it to last. Elegant Floor Services has been installing hardwood flooring for customers in Maryland, Washington, DC and Virginia since 1987, and knows what it takes to clean and maintain this type of flooring. Allow us to explain the DOs and DON’Ts of cleaning and maintaining your hardwood flooring.
• Always wipe spills immediately to prevent damage to your hardwood flooring.
• Vacuum, sweep or dust mop your floor at least once a week. You may need to clean more often if you have hardwood flooring in spaces that have a large amount of traffic.
• Use interior and exterior doormats at entrances that can collect dirt and moisture so they don’t get tracked onto the floor.
• Keep animal nails trimmed to prevent floor scratches.
• Avoid rolling heavy appliances and furniture on the floor in order to prevent surface damage.
• Remember to protect your floor from direct sunlight.
• Never let water stand on your hardwood floor for any period of time. You should clean water spills immediately.
• Never use any of the following types of products on your hardwood flooring: ammonia-based cleansers, acrylic finishes, wax-based products, detergents, bleach, polishes, abrasive cleaning products or acidic items such as lemon juice or vinegar.
• Never walk on your hardwood flooring wearing poorly maintain shoes that has any sharp object protruding from it.
• Never use vacuums with beaten bars or hard heads to clean your hardwood floor.
If you need help cleaning or maintaining your hardwood flooring, contact us today! We’ll transform your hardwood floor into something you’ll want to show off once again when you have guests in your home!